Is there anything more deeply satisfying than getting a shipping notice for a carefully plotted, months-in-the-making online beauty purchase?
No. No there is not.
Here is what’s en route to us this very minute (in addition to bijou’s October Julep Maven box, which should ship soon!):
A nine-piece (nine!) sampler of scents from French brand Juliette Has A Gun. Birchbox sent out samples of “Mad Madame” a million years ago, and bijou fell deeply in love. Some recent swings through Birchbox’s online user reviews of Mad Madame yielded the discovery of this sampler set, which is really quite a steal, when you consider that a full-sized bottle of their perfume goes for roughly $135. We’re figuring it’s a good investment to sample a whole lot of their scents before splurging that big. Bonus: the packaging is chic beyond belief, even for samples, and the whole thing is just oh-so-French.
All of this? $4.92 after all was said and done. Thanks to a whole lot of points saving – if you live near a Walgreens, look into their Balance Rewards program – birdie just cashed in $50 worth of points on this order and used an online promotional coupon to bring down the price even more. It’s kind of insane how quickly the points can add up and pay off.
A few thoughts on this order…
– We’ve been eyeing Real Essential brushes for quite some time, and this kit will round out our brush collection nicely.
– Seche Vite is pretty explanatory – it’s revered pretty much everywhere as THE top coat to have, and we’ve been dying to try it.
– The Freeman mask is new *and* got a shoutout in Allure magazine’s recent Best of Beauty issue, which is basically our annual beauty bible.
– Some fun bath/shower stuff and the Dr. Bronner’s to clean afore-mentioned makeup brush collection (we’ve read on many a beauty blog that it is the brush cleaner to end all brush cleaners).
– Orofludio shampoo, to match the Orofludio mask that birdie purchased from Birchbox awhile back. Because nothing triggers our beauty OCD quite like having to wash our hair with non-matching shampoo and conditioner.
And while it may look like we are getting crazy-spendy after our No-Buy August, a lot of thought and budgeting went into these purchases. In fact, No-Buy August has us approaching beauty products in a whole new way – something we’ll blog about in more detail at a later date.
Anything fun en route to you right now?